In the terms and conditions below, "you" is used to designate the tenant; "we" and "us" to designate the landladies, Lenette Schuijt and Inge Polak
Booking, payments and cancellation
1. To make an accommodation reservation, please fill out the reservation form on the site, www.les-biches.nl. If the property is available you will immediately receive a preliminary confirmation and rental agreement by e-mail.
2. The rental rate includes wood for the stove and water, use of bed linen, bath- and kitchen towels and electricity up to 75 KwH (based on average use per week). Extra electricity at € 0,30 per KwH, to be deducted from the deposit. The rental rate does not include beach- and sauna towels and exclusive of an obligatory final cleaning fee of € 55. The rental agreement will state banking information and account number and the correct sum to be paid.
3. Within two weeks of receipt of the rental agreement you may agree with the terms by sending an e-mail message, together with a (non-refundable) down payment (30% of the total rental rate). This serves as confirmation of the rental agreement and will make the reservation definitive. The agreement also serves as an invoice.
4. The remaining rental sum plus a final cleaning fee of €55 and a deposit of €150 should be received by us no later than 8 weeks before the rental period begins. Subject to the provisions in Article 14 the deposit will be refunded within a week from termination of the rental period.
5. If your payment is not received by us on the date stipulated, we have the right to cancel your reservation. In that case, you will still be under an obligation to pay. We advise you to take out cancellation insurance.
6. In regard to reservations made within 8 weeks from the start of the rental period the complete sum should be paid immediately after receipt of the rental agreement.
7. Please inform us immediately if you can, must or wish to cancel the rental agreement, for whatever reason. The cancellation fee is 50% of the total rental rate (up to 3 weeks prior) and 100% if cancellation takes place within three weeks from the rental period agreed.
If a change of rental period is possible the down-payment remains valid, with no cancellation fee charged. If we are able to rent out the accommodation to another party for the period in question, any monies already paid will be refunded. Costs and other losses incurred will be deducted from such refunds.
Arrival and departure
8. To enable us to release the accommodation in good condition the arrival time is 16.00 hrs, departure before 11.00 hrs on the day you leave. Our contact, Inge Polak, will be available at an agreed time to give you the keys.
During your stay
9. This holiday home (and the surrounding premises) offers accommodation for a maximum of two people, unless you have our permission to diverge from that.
10. Smoking is not allowed in the house.
11. No pets are allowed.
12. The accommodation has a fosse septique; accordingly, the loo, bath, shower and sink should be cleaned using appropriate (ecological) detergents only.
13. You agree to be a good tenant and to take good care of the accommodation and leave it clean and neat.
In case of damage
14. If the accommodation, household effects, garden, premises or otherwise get damaged in any way, you should inform us by telephone immediately. We will make appointments for repairs and/or replacement as soon as possible. If damage results from negligence on your part you will be held liable. We advise that you take out liability insurance to cover possible damage caused by you.
15. We will return your deposit, possibly minus damages, within a week from termination of the rental period.
16. We cannot be held liable for:
- Any temporary defect or interruption of the power- and water supply in and around the accommodation;
- Any loss or injury caused by extraordinary weather circumstances, floods, strikes or other matters beyond our control.
Loss or inconvenience caused as a result of destruction of or damage to the property before the start of your rental period, making rental impossible. In such a case, we will inform you immediately and refund all sums already paid in relation to the rental period within 1 week. Our liability never exceeds the sums paid for the rental period in question.